Thread: How to update the program ???

How to update the program ???

When I installed Paragon Backup and Restore on 1 Sep, the version installed was 10.1.28.101_002.

I see that the current version is 10.1.28.163_000. Close, but slightly different (and the package size is larger).

Is there a changelog? Is there an easy way to do an update (and should I do an update)? I tried to install the new version over the existing version, and received a message that I must do an uninstall first. I'm hesitant to do that without assurances that I won't lose all of my settings.

Your advice will be appreciated.

AW: How to update the program ???

yes, uninstall is necessary, whysoever. Of course writing an updater is more complicated than writing an installer. On the other hand we have 2016 ... Anyway, if you do not delete the program folder C:\program files\paragon...\productName your settings will be preserved. Any file modified or created after the installation will not be touched by the uninstaller.

Re: AW: How to update the program ???

Thank you.

What are the changes between 10.1.28.101_002 and 10.1.28.163_000? Where can I find a changelog? Is an update recommended?

AW: How to update the program ???

If the program works for you without problems an update is never recommended. But IMHO BR 16 is very beta and so I for myself would take any chance ;-)

Re: AW: How to update the program ???

I'm looking for a response either from Paragon personnel or from someone who can supply a link to a changelog.

Re: How to update the program ???

I've installed it now and it's disappointing. The only remarkable change I found was password encryption for archives. Obvious flaws like no access to hidden system folders ("appdata"!) during file backup are not fixed.