Thread: Cannot Create Recovery Media

Cannot Create Recovery Media

I am using Paragon Backup and Recovery 16. I have set up a scheduled backup and that seems to be running fine (aside from some of the incremental backups being skipped). I am now trying to create a bootable flash drive to recover my main disk in case of a catastrophic failure.

I am using the Recovery Media Builder tool with all basic settings. I am trying to save to a 4GB flash drive formatted as FAT32. After I start the process, it waits for about 15 seconds and then gives me the message: "Operation failed. Error code = 18, error message = Cannot copy file". I have tried a different flash drive with the same result. I am trying to create this bootable drive on an updated Windows 10 machine.

I have tried searching online for help, but I couldn't find anything at all. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Cannot Create Recovery Media

I've just created a login to report this very problem - I've tried a couple of SD cards and a thumb drive on an internal card read, an external card reader and standard USB ports all with the same issue - on Windows 10. Just tried a 3rd gb usb drive as well, it's not capacity that is the problem.
    Last edited by Balance; 16.10.16 at 11:52.

AW: Cannot Create Recovery Media