Thread: Automatic shut down?

Automatic shut down?

I up graded from ver.14 to ver.16. My question is in ver.14 I could start the back-up and by checking a box have the computer automatically turn it's self off (power down) after everything was backed up. I like doing my back-ups over night
    and in this way the computer wasn't on all night. I've looked every where I can think of in ver.16 and can't find how to do the automatic shut-down after the back-ups done... Any help? Is there a way to do this?

Re: Automatic shut down?

Quote Originally Posted by Gantry69 View Post
    I up graded from ver.14 to ver.16. My question is in ver.14 I could start the back-up and by checking a box have the computer automatically turn it's self off (power down) after everything was backed up. I like doing my back-ups over night
    and in this way the computer wasn't on all night. I've looked every where I can think of in ver.16 and can't find how to do the automatic shut-down after the back-ups done... Any help? Is there a way to do this?
    I have just finish setting up my first backup on Paragon Backup and Recovery 16 and had 'discovered' the close system option (more by serendipity than any sort of skill).

If you are setting a new backup job up using the wizard, it is on the 4th page marked "List of Strategies" and it is the bottom option which has "Prevent from going to sleep/hibernate..." in it. If you go over to the right of that and click on Edit> you will get the choices:

• Prevent from going to sleep/hibernate
    • Wake up from sleep/hibernate
    • Shutdown system after backup completes

If you want to set this on an existing backup go Main view > My Backups (tab at bottom of screen) click on the backup job's name and select Edit Job from the pop-out then click on Schedule and then again it is the bottom option and click on Edit>

Hope this helps

Re: Automatic shut down?

Thank You, I'll give that a try.

Question Re: Automatic shut down?

Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    I have just finish setting up my first backup on Paragon Backup and Recovery 16 and had 'discovered' the close system option (more by serendipity than any sort of skill).

If you are setting a new backup job up using the wizard, it is on the 4th page marked "List of Strategies" and it is the bottom option which has "Prevent from going to sleep/hibernate..." in it. If you go over to the right of that and click on Edit> you will get the choices:

• Prevent from going to sleep/hibernate
    • Wake up from sleep/hibernate
    • Shutdown system after backup completes

If you want to set this on an existing backup go Main view > My Backups (tab at bottom of screen) click on the backup job's name and select Edit Job from the pop-out then click on Schedule and then again it is the bottom option and click on Edit>

Hope this helps

Hi Fletch, I can't see this option. I don't have a 4th page named "list of strategies". The pages I have are:

1. Welcome
    2. Name
    3. Source
    4. Target
    5. Advanced Settings
    6. Finish

I have the free version though - maybe it's not available on the free version?

Gantry69 - did it work for you? What version are you using?

Thank you!