Thread: B&R16 install blocked in some cases

B&R16 install blocked in some cases

My brother-in-law tried to install B&R16 Freebut in the past had installed B&R15 Trial which expired. He says that when it asks if you have a Paragon account it take shim to the B&R15 listed in his account even creates a text file which is empty. This info is being relayed to me so details may not be exact correct.

Is the B&R16 Free download/install blocked to previous users of B&R15 and/or Trials of B&R15?

Re: B&R16 install blocked in some cases

I was able to install B&R 16 over my existing B&R 15, but it wasn't a trial version.

Does the 16 key show up in his account info?

Re: B&R16 install blocked in some cases

Hi, all our programs up to now could not have been installed over/besides a previous version OF THE SAME program. Means: If you had installed BR 12 and wanted to install BR 14 you had to uninstall BR 12 to be able to do so. Different programs like BR and HDM or Drive Copy could exist in parallel installations. This was due to a certain registry key that was the same for all versions of BR but different from lets say HDM. HDM Suite had the same key, HDM Professional or Business as well - no matter which version.

This chain is broken with BR 16. It does not use this particular registry key anymore. Thus there is no blocker for running BR 15 along with BR 16 on the same Windows.
    Your Paragon Support Team