Thread: HDD copy Feature clarification

HDD copy Feature clarification

I don't understand which options to choose for my(2010 vintage) Lenovo T410 laptop running Windows 10. I'm copying a 256G drive to a new 500G drive. I use less than 180G but like to replace the drive every few years as preventive maintenance.

Should I use HDD raw copy Partitions raw copy? Remove free blocks? Copy and resize? I was inclined to copy and resize but It increases the Lenovo recovery partition which seems like a waste of memory. Some options make 167G of unallocated space which also sounds like a waste although I guess I could use it for a photo drive. Anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks in advance.
    JDA

Re: HDD copy Feature clarification

"Partitions raw copy" - No chekbox. (but in the process of copying any encrypted partition if the program will ask you - then "OK")
    "Remove free blocks" - Yes.
    "Copy and resize" - As you wish. After the migration, you can resize the partition and create a new partition in the free space. Alternatively, you can manually copy the partitions sequentially. It's important (for the restore button) to "restore partition" was in place (latest).
    https://youtu.be/bWxM6aFztl0

Re: HDD copy Feature clarification

Thanks for taking the time to respond. It seems to have worked well and I appreciate all the information.