Thread: Building Recovery Media

Building Recovery Media

Per documentation the application of Paragon Backup & Recovery 16 provides the option to create a Recovery Media either on USB drive or ISO file.
    In reality the option to create an ISO file is missing (see attached image).
    01-10-_2016_12-39-58.jpg
    Any thoughts to fix this issue?

Going on in using the USB option instead (as known the ISO file option was missing) the creation always fails with the following error message (1)
    01-10-_2016_12-46-32.jpg
    The USB drive has a size of about 1GB (2)
    Any thoughts about htis issue?

Re: Building Recovery Media

For the issue with the missing ISO option I found the Resolution.
    The option for ADK/WAIK must be selected before the ISO Option will appear on next Screen. This workflow is not documented in the downloadable PDF user guide. From my perspective it doesn’t make sense only for ADK/WAIK.

The remaining problem with the USB memory stick still persists.

The ISO option is missing because on the previous screen the "Use WADK/ADK" check box is unchecked as it can't create an ISO without an WADK or ADK installed. You might need a larger USB flashdrive, I've never used anything smaller than a 4GB.

The size of the ISO files is usually 300-600 MB depending on the product, I had 284 MB with HDM 15 Suite 32 bit and 517 with HDM 15 Pro 64 bit. The WinPE version could cause a difference in size as well I suppose. However, 1 GB flash should do it.

How to create recovery USB flash and How to create recovery CD/DVD should apply to BR 16 as well.

Lightbulb Re: Building Recovery Media

Hello Everyone. My first post here.

I ran into the same problem that others have with error messages during the creation of the recovery media on a Flash Drive. This article talks about being certain to disable all anti-malware programs and other open programs during the process. These instructions allowed me to make a boot Flash Drive very easily. Maybe they will work for you as well. I am using PHDM 2015. Much easier in my opinion to have a collection of small Flash Drives for different tasks than using CD's. Good luck with your process!

https://kb.paragon-software.com/article/66
    Last edited by mousegolf; 01.11.16 at 08:25.