Thread: Backup and Restore 16

Backup and Restore 16

I recently downloaded this software and attempted to backup to my WD MyCloud drive which is connected to my PC through a network switch,
    In Windows Explorer the drive shows up as part of the network and I can can move files between the two easily.
    However in BR16 when I get to the point where I need to select a target drive for the backup the software is not able to find any drives on the network.
    Anyone have any clues as to how to get around this difficulty?

Re: Backup and Restore 16

I had the same problem with the last and current HDM15S build 813. The following was a fix for that so you could check to see if this is already in your registry before changing it. Be sure to backup your registry first!

To configure the EnableLinkedConnections registry value: Click Start, type regedit, and press Enter. Locate and right-click the registry subkey HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\ Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System. Point to New and choose DWORD Value. Type EnableLinkedConnections and press Enter. Right-click EnableLinkedConnections and click Modify. In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK. Exit the Registry Editor and restart the computer.

Thanks for this suggestion
    I will investigate this when I get back from a short holiday
    In the meantime I have backed up via a simple copy and paste

I tried to create a job to back up a certain folder but when I press Finish button I get this:

Untitled.png

Why could this be?