Thread: Paragon Backup & Recovery MBR problem

Paragon Backup & Recovery MBR problem

Hi,

I got a Dell Laptop with dual boot OS of Windows 7 and Linux Mint. I used Paragon Backup & Recovery 14 to backup only the Linux Mint partition and MBR(Master Boot Record) into image (LinuxImgPartition) . I planned to recover the image (LinuxImgPartition) to another laptop which has only Windows 7 OS. THe main idea is to clone the Linux Mint OS on another laptop. I been able to successfully recover the Image (LinuxImgPartition) to the HP laptop. Everything was perfect on the GRUB boot loader, opening Linux Mint OS but there is a problem on Windows 7 loader. Once I choose windows 7 loader it prompt an error out. There is an image attachment below. If i click any key or let it be for a few secconds it will still boot up Windows 7. I suspect its because of the MBR difference among these two laptops that is why it cant detect the device. I wanna do this cloning way without the error coming out and wondering if there is a way to do that because I am planning to implement this way on deployment for dual boot PCs. This way of deployment allow me to clone Linux Mint OS on any Windows 7 laptop, but if this error occurs it will be a problem. I was hoping to buy Paragon for my company's deployment if the software can do the cloning without error. If anyone got a solution or suggestions please feel free to post. Thank you !!!

Error code:
    error: no such device: 306046F06046BBFA
    Setting partition type to Ox7

Press any key to continue...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Paragon Backup & Recovery MBR problem

Excuse me for being straightforward, but the on-site management of your company, I would have invested in editors boot management Ubuntu.

Re: Paragon Backup & Recovery MBR problem

https://www.paragon-software.com/hom...eatures.html#0 => No Linux at all ...

Linux FS = partitions => yes
    Linux OS = for example bootloader etc. => no