Thread: Restore not cooperating (won't move on from "Next")

Restore not cooperating (won't move on from "Next")

I've been using Paragon for a few years now and I've used the restore option a few dozen times so I'm fairly familiar with its behaviour.

But its got me stumped on this one.

I'm rebuilding the Windows 8.1 OS on one of my machines. Like I always do, I began by backing up everything to a Paragon VD archive, just it case it failed or made the situation worse. Tried to reinstall Windows and it did fail and could not be persuaded to co-operate. No biggie. Just restore the backup and take another route. I've been in that situation before too.

On this occasion, as I've done before, I booted from the Paragon USB recover stick I've previously prepared and start the restore process.

But while Paragon finds and sees the relevant backup pfi file and the "Next" button goes live, clicking it has no effect whatsoever. No error messages, no clue at all. Rebooted a couple of times to give it another chance. No difference.

Never seen this before.

Suggestions?

Re: Restore not cooperating (won't move on from "Next")

on further bullying, I don't think this is a Paragon issue. It's a Lenovo "Secure Computing" issue. It's not allowing me to make ANY modifications, even with standard installation sets etc...