Thread: Backup 14 got wacked after Windows 10 Anniversary Update

Backup 14 got wacked after Windows 10 Anniversary Update

I don't know if anyone else ran into this but I've been using the Backup 14 software for quite some time successfully including Incremental Backups. Before I processed and ran the Backup 16 app I wanted to do another Incremental Backup using the v14. It found the Full Backup but said the partition had changed and couldn't use it! I rebooted and tried again and same error! Wow! Needless to say I blew it out and started fresh with the V16 version creating my own Backup Strategy. So far so good on the backup.

Re: Backup 14 got wacked after Windows 10 Anniversary Update

Hi! Windows 10 Anniversary Update changes disks partitions, makes it impossible to work with previous backups. That's why Backup 14 doesn't support Windows 10.

AW: Backup 14 got wacked after Windows 10 Anniversary Update

and what is "Backup 14"???
    Grüße

Piet

..and that such a "changes disks partitions"? "System recovery " or what?

Grüße

In case backup 14 stands for "Backup & Recovery 14 Free Edition" (https://www.paragon-software.com/home/br-free/): This one is always kept at the most recent build. Means the version available for download is compatible with the most recent Windows 10, your version may not.

In case backup 14 stands for "Backup & Recovery 14 Home" (URL not available anymore): Compatibility with Windows versions - has never been compatible with Win 10.
    Your Paragon Support Team

I installed B&R 14 on Windows some months ago and did limited testing successfully. I have since upgraded to the 'Anniversary Update' and have repeated this testing without any problems.

This was not what might be considered exhaustive testing and I'm sure that there are some technical issues that do not work but the basic operational features of B&R 14 are still usable. My B&R 14 install was certainly not "wacked"!