Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will Paragon B & R 16 restore files created by earlier versions

Will Paragon B & R 16 restore files created by earlier versions

I am trying to restore files created with Paragon backup and Recovery 15 (*.pfi files) using PB&R 16. I can navigated to the archive, but no files appear on the list. (OS = Windows 7 SP1 64 bit). Am I missing something or is this not possible?

Re: Will Paragon B & R 16 restore files created by earlier versions

What do you see if you look at the archive folder from Windows? If you see a list of file including the ".pfi" file, you should be able to from B&R16 also.

Thanks for the reply. Here's what happens: I open PB&R 16. In the Main view I click on Restore Backup. Click Next on the Welcome page. Click on External Devices (my archives are on an External Hard Drive). The Hard Drive appears in right hand column. I expand the drive and drill down to the folder containing the *.pfi file. There is *.pfi file listed with a size of 576 KB (all the other files –*.pfm, and *.000– are in the folder, visible in Windows Explorer). I select the *.pfi file. and click Next. It is here where I would expect something to appear on the Disk/Partition tab, and/or on the Files/Folder tab, but they are both blank and all I can do is click the Cancel Button. What am I missing?
    Last edited by bobjbkln; 09.09.16 at 14:58.

Quote Originally Posted by bobjbkln View Post
    I am trying to restore files created with Paragon backup and Recovery 15 (*.pfi files) using PB&R 16. I can navigated to the archive, but no files appear on the list. (OS = Windows 7 SP1 64 bit). Am I missing something or is this not possible?
    Maybe with BR15 you made a backup of the old format, PBF, not PVHD?
    PFI is the additional files that can be attached to both the old and the new format of the backup, but the images themselves in PBF, BR16 don't understand.

Thank you. Yes you are correct. The BR15 images were created using the old format (for some I never succeeded in using the new format). Yes, I have pbf file. Thanks for clearing this up for me. I guess I'll have to keep both BR15 and 16.

Thank you. Yes you are correct. The BR15 images were created using the old format (for some I never succeeded in using the new format). Yes, I have pbf file. Thanks for clearing this up for me. I guess I'll have to keep both BR15 and 16.
    Unless they did away with it in 2016 products but HDM15S in the upper right hand corner, crossed tools icon for legacy mode. Not sure that allows backward compatibility or not??

Quote Originally Posted by wptski View Post
    Unless they did away with it in 2016 products but HDM15S in the upper right hand corner, crossed tools icon for legacy mode. Not sure that allows backward compatibility or not??
    As far as I can tell, this option does not exist in BR16

As far as I can tell, this option does not exist in BR16
    From Paragon site for HDM15S, screen shot, upper right corner between up arrow and "?" mark; https://www.paragon-software.com/hom...reenshots.html, open the second screen shot.

Hi to both of you,

the restore of PBF archives is not possible with BR 16 and is not intended to be implemented in future versions of BR/HDM 16. Please use your version 15 program to restore archives created in the old and obsolete PBF format. This is one of the reasons we made it possible to install version 15 (or older) and 16 of the same program side by side on the same system.
    Your Paragon Support Team

Quote Originally Posted by English Paragon Support Team View Post
    Hi to both of you,

the restore of PBF archives is not possible with BR 16 and is not intended to be implemented in future versions of BR/HDM 16. Please use your version 15 program to restore archives created in the old and obsolete PBF format. This is one of the reasons we made it possible to install version 15 (or older) and 16 of the same program side by side on the same system.
    Sounds like PBF isn't going to be supported in any 2016 products? I switched to PVHD some time ago.