Thread: Context Menu

Context Menu

Using 16. When I click on a backup to bring up the context menu, I get only a half a menu. The right half which contains (according to the manual) links to do tasks such as Incremental backup is missing. Why? How can I get this menu? The software I have only seems capable of full backups not having the ability to do either incremental or differential.

Re: Context Menu

Maybe the width of the window is too narrow to display the context menu completely? (Perhaps because of an overly long backup path or description?)

I tried to create a backup with looong description. At the bottom of the contextual menu appears a scrollbar, which can be used to get to the right side.
    Perhaps I misunderstood your difficulties. Can you attach a screenshot of your half of the menu?

I just tried it again to look for a scroll bar. The context menu exists now. I cannot explain why it's obviously there now but not before. It's impossible I missed it. Anyway, thanks. I cannot ask to fix what's not broken at least for now.

What I don't see is an option for a differential backup. Does that exist? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by dryadsdad View Post
    What I don't see is an option for a differential backup. Does that exist?
    I also didn't find differential backup option.
    Maybe I'm still not entirely understood, and maybe these option will appear in the next BR16 builds.

I hope it does. It seems a bit odd to leave this standard backup option out of a release. Does Paragon itself monitor and participate in this board or is this peers only?

I was more surprised by the inability to restore the backups directly from the backup capsule.
    Paragon read that's it of course, and in the German branch is actively involved. I'm counting that in his 22-year anniversary, Paragon will give free licenses HDM16Pro for active participants of the forum (it's a joke).

Oh, we have some sort of crippled version then? I was about to ask if it's a beta due to the missing features. As to the restore, I never explored it just having installed 16. I'm beginning to think this is a bad idea in a software. The free cost isn't worth much if the program fails to have the features needed for both backup and restoration. I'd rather get a good program that does all I want in both backing up and restoring but which costs a reasonable amount than a free one which fails when I do lose my system.

I am considering uninstalling and purchasing something from the competition. My data is not worth the cost of a free program.

I will not leave Paragon. Because his programs - the most reliable. For twelve years, I have had the opportunity to see this many times.
    When You purchase something from the competition, tell me what you think it is better than Paragon (Only BR15, as the BR16 has not yet been sold, though not free) I regularly tested competitors to once again make sure - better Paragon - no one.
    (I myself use HDM, and install BR16 to see what's new in the 16th line)

Is the free version I got the full version or is a better one available for a fee? I don't mind paying for my softwares but I wish to see them fully working.