Thread: ExtFS and Windows 10. Unsigned driver issue

ExtFS and Windows 10. Unsigned driver issue

Hello,

I installed ExtFS on my PC in order to access files on a Linux external drive.
    At the end of the installation an error was displayed stating that Windows had blocked the installation of a digitally unsigned driver (Dokan Filesystem Driver)

Paragon2.jpg

Unsurprisingly, ExtFS didn't work. I was able to get ExtFS to work by starting again and disabling Windows 10's requirement for signed drivers.

Windows 10 Enterprise 64-bit, Version 1709, Build 16299.64
    ExtFS version 4.2.651

On their website Paragon Software state that ExtFS is compatible with Windows 10. Am I missing something?

Re: ExtFS and Windows 10. Unsigned driver issue

@StepOne

Unfortunately i have to tell you that your are not alone

I have the same problem on my PC running Windows 10 Pro 64bit, Version 1709, Build 16299.98
    ExtFS Version 4.3.852

This seems to be caused by the file dokan.sys located under c:\windows\system32\drivers - so if you open up a command prompt with administrator privileges and type "net start dokan" you´ll get an error message.

The only workaround is to startup and disable Windows 10s requirement for signed drivers

Greetings TEN

Re: ExtFS and Windows 10. Unsigned driver issue

Same problem here on Windows 10. I've just purchased Paragon ExtFS for Windows (Paragon-608-PEU_WinInstallSN-4.3.852) just to see it doesn't work.