Thread: PHDM 16 - amazing response from developers

PHDM 16 - amazing response from developers

i have been using imaging backups for about 20 years. I was using TrueCrypt, then switched to paragon, 2009-2010 about.
    paragon had what i needed, it was not perfect, and neither was anything else. so i figure d i'd just stick with this, , as long as their data was reliable, and i'd just get used to the interfaces, etc.
    well, they kept improving things, and the PHDM 2015 version was FANTASTIC, i thought it was a very good interface, and the backups and restores of data were solid (I destroyed many disks, just to experiment, and the restores worked well)

WEll, with PHDM 16, i was frustrated (as were others), features seemed to hav been lost, and the interface seemed too klutzy. But, my initial tests showed the data backu and restore to be solid, so i figured i'd stick with it, and try to wade through the interface and find the prior features.

I've posted many posts here and on the actual support request site for my account. Support, though slow at times, seems to have been very responsive at issuing updates to fix things, such as the licensing, etc, which bugged ( : - ) ) many people.
    that got fixed;;
    and now there is a NEW updated release,
    Paragon-760-PEU_WinInstallSNx64_16.16.1_000 (this is the advanced installer; there is also a 16.16.1 BASIC installer, not sure what the difference is)
    AND, that has added back in the EXCLUDE option, for I BELIEVE the PARTITION backup (I am testing this now), and the file/folder backup.
    I'm not sure if those options are unlocked in the BASIC version (will experiment later)

I believe PARAGON is really making efforts to continue the improvements they had with PHDM 15, and I can understand frustrations of users, but i believe it is worth learning the differences between PHDM 15 and PHDM 16 (which seems to be the new interface), and where the prior options exist (because I believe all the options are there, just located differently)

anyway, that is my humble 2 cents of feedback.
    hope this, and my other posts, have been of help to others.
    nick

Re: PHDM 16 - amazing response from developers

Quote Originally Posted by aoz987 View Post
    there is also a 16.16.1 BASIC installer, not sure what the difference is
    It seems to me that the PEU installer gives three licenses when the FRU - one.

that is its purpose, i believe; the ADVANCED is the paid version, with more featres, applicable to 3 machines.
    the BASIC is applicable to ONE machine, it is a FREE version, with some stripped down features, but has basic backup and restore.
    my confusion is why there are two installers now, whereas there was one before, and the installer restricted the features based on whether you had a paid license or not.
    teh two separate installers cause confusion, in my opinion, BUT I am very happy that the requested items are being re-instituted, and are showing up better in teh menu's

the BASIC is applicable to ONE machine
    If to use the PEU installer to register BASIC (by entering the MyParagon) you will receive three licenses.

BR16Bacic_lics.png

have you tried it on a second machine? since it is their basic, their prior info stated that it is for just one machine. see if it works for a second machine, i'm curious. the ADVANCED does KEEP my three-machine registration (am running backup on 3rd machine now, to test it)

have you tried it on a second machine?
    Yes, I tried it, it's ok. But only it is necessary to install the FRU, since the PEU with BASIC key is activated only for one session and has available functionality even less than the normal BASIC.

well, at least as long as the paid installer works for the 3 machines, and the free installer works for the one machine as intended, that is good, it is working as intended, they are making progress