Thread: I recovered 232G from my external hard disk data but how to use them it's not files?

I recovered 232G from my external hard disk data but how to use them it's not files?

Please, I recovered 232G data from my external hard drive by Paragon tools and it appeared on my laptop as a file that I can't use because there is no information on how to use this file which contains inside the recovered files..
    I'm attaching a picture of how the recovered files look inside the main file.
    The external hard drive has broken Managed file transfer (MFT) so once I am sure these recovered files work I can fix the external hard drive as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by donecek; 20.04.24 at 05:35.

Re: I recovered 232G from my external hard disk data but how to use them it's not fil

The files in the screenshot are Paragon backup files. Like an archive divided into many parts. Only Paragon works with them. What version of the "Paragon tools" do you have?

Re: I recovered 232G from my external hard disk data but how to use them it's not fil

Thank you very much for your response, indeed.
    The version of Paragon is 17.9.3.494927.
    I couldn't find any guide on how to extract these Paragon files to be normal ones...

I installed PBR 17.9.3 but it crashes when I try to open the backup on my Win11. Try it for yourself: go to the "Restore from file" tab, use operation "Restore" or "Explore and export".
    PPC.jpg

I used Windows 7 and tried to use the PBR app via the "Restore" section as you advised me. Yes, it started as a normal process to transfer the Paragon encrypted files on my chosen external flash disk. Once the process finished BINGO there was nothing on the external disk.
    So then the question is what the hell the PBR was doing for all the long time when finally nothing appeared there?
    Yes, I can see my recovered data 232Gb exists as 1 file and as the number but physically it's still locked in the Paragon virtual system so nobody knows what to use or to open physically these recovered files?