Thread: HDM17 Advanced v17.20.17 fails to compact MFT on Windows 10 Pro 22H2 system disk c:

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: HDM17 Advanced v17.20.17 fails to compact MFT on Windows 10 Pro 22H2 system disk

If anyone still reads this forum not too crowded, I want to convey my conclusions.

After a series of tests, I came to the conclusion that the Compact MFT function only works RANDOMLY in HDM17 Advanced. There are bugs in the application. Instead with WinPE HDM12 Server (from 2012), Compact MFT always works successfully. True "paragon". Too bad that HDM12 Server WinPE does not see NVMe M.2 drivers and I cannot do Compact MFT on the system disk that is a NVMe driver.

By the other hand, on disks where HDM17 Advanced gives errors when using Compact MFT, everything is OK when I use chkdsk /f /x offline from a flash driver. I hope that this error in HDM17 Advanced will be corrected now with new updates and not to be corrected in a possible future HDM18, so that I pay more money. I feel like I paid good money for a defective product.
    Last edited by Nick63; 28.08.23 at 18:37.