Hello All,

I am using Paragon Protect and Restore 5 on Windows Server 2016 in an Active Directory Environment. I enabled role based security as described in the User's Guide on page 240. The account I used to install PPR had admin privs, but not domain admin privs. Now I get "Access Denied. No access permissions for the provided credentials" when I try to log in to the PPR Console.

The User's Guide also has on page 213 a section called "Configuring Security Groups" and discusses five security groups, eg PPR_Admins, etc. None of these groups was created in my AD, presumably because I was not using my domain admin account during installation.

Furthermore, page 215 of the User's Guide contains a warning: "We strongly recommend you to modify properties of existing PPR security groups through the PPR Console. Anyway if you did it directly in AD for instance, please additionally introduce the same changes in Prm.Common.Service.exe.Config, which you can find here: C:\Program Files\Paragon Software\Remote Management\program" (This is an exact quote, the poor grammar is theirs, not mine.) I verified the file does exist, and it does contain roles, OU names, GUIDs, User IDs, etc.

Should I manually create these OUs, roles, etc in AD and update C:\Program Files\Paragon Software\Remote Management\program\Prm.Common.Service.exe.Config? Anybody experienced this?

Thanks,
Vint